Wednesday 13 November 2013

Soul Balance Update

Made lots of progress on Soul Balance as of late.

Still not really any actual art assets in the game; as Prototyping is all about getting the core mechanics operational.

I have the encounter system up and running; as it stands now, while walking around in the wilderness of Old Oaks Outskirts, you have a 1 in 10 chance every second to encounter an enemy, which is random between  1 to 3 Goblin enemies.







I also got the weapon system semi-functional (I still have a lot to do on that end beyond prototyping).

Here, you can see the beginner weapon your character starts off with: The Rusty Sword. (Gotta love my placeholder player character)


I'm still deciding on the base damage the sword will have, as that will be done in the Testing stage; but for prototyping purposes, I'm going to leave it at ten damage with 75% accuracy, to test my combat system and ensure it works.

For those of you who don't know what the Unity editor looks like, here it is:




What's great about Unity is, you can pause in the middle of running your game, and mess around with the assets and stuff while the engine is paused. This has helped me debug a few problems I've run into, such as making sure arrays are accessing the right prefabs, and making sure scripts are plugging into each other correctly.

And there is a LOT of scripting. I feel like I've gone from beginner to intermediate in C# programming in a matter of two weeks.



Stay tuned, more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment